It’s sad, but true: not everyone is cut out to spit. And when lames whose hearts aren’t in it persist in trying to rhyme in pursuit of cash or cachet, the results can be downright painful. An underground spitter with a developed hip-hop foundation, Sha Stimuli suffers especially acutely from wack bars; thus, on a newly-released standout off his latest EP, he invites the perpetrators to Put the Mic Down, for their own good and that of everyone around them. Though the artist does everything possible to puncture over-inflated egos as he flows over Black Metaphor‘s rock-sampled boardwork, Sha ends the record with a candid disclaimer: ”On the real, if you dream you should chase it / No one can define how you view it when you make it / People tell me every day I should put this mic down somewhere, and I face it.” Fans can find this insightful jam and much more on Left Lane Presents: The 9.2.5, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.