It’s sad, but true: not everyone is cut out to spit. And when lames whose hearts aren’t in it persist in trying to rhyme in pursuit of cash or cachet, the results can be downright painful. An underground spitter with a developed hip-hop foundation, Sha Stimuli suffers especially acutely from wack bars; thus, on a newly-released standout off his latest EP, he invites the perpetrators to Put the Mic Down, for their own good and that of everyone around them. Though the artist does everything possible to puncture over-inflated egos as he flows over Black Metaphor‘s rock-sampled boardwork, Sha ends the record with a candid disclaimer: ”On the real, if you dream you should chase it / No one can define how you view it when you make it / People tell me every day I should put this mic down somewhere, and I face it.” Fans can find this insightful jam and much more on Left Lane Presents: The 9.2.5, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)