It’s sad, but true: not everyone is cut out to spit. And when lames whose hearts aren’t in it persist in trying to rhyme in pursuit of cash or cachet, the results can be downright painful. An underground spitter with a developed hip-hop foundation, Sha Stimuli suffers especially acutely from wack bars; thus, on a newly-released standout off his latest EP, he invites the perpetrators to Put the Mic Down, for their own good and that of everyone around them. Though the artist does everything possible to puncture over-inflated egos as he flows over Black Metaphor‘s rock-sampled boardwork, Sha ends the record with a candid disclaimer: ”On the real, if you dream you should chase it / No one can define how you view it when you make it / People tell me every day I should put this mic down somewhere, and I face it.” Fans can find this insightful jam and much more on Left Lane Presents: The 9.2.5, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 09/28/12
Submit your Rating
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.