“Moral of the story is this: you ain’t lickin’ this, you ain’t stickin’ this…” Random? Nah. From Lil’ Kim giving us her tale (no pun intended) in 1996’s Not Tonight to Biggie keeping us listening to every word of Got a Story to Tell, New York City has a proud tradition of narrative emcees. Now Sha Stimuli, whose Brooklyn storytelling skills have earned him widespread respect, releases an honest depiction of his relationship with a woman who has kids on the properly named record, Mother Fu**er. For the beat, producers Charli Brown and Ace Shooter mix popular songs Just the Two of Us and Lovers and Friends to give the DJBooth Freestyle alum a backrop to lay down his script. Honest to a fault, Sha breaks down all the feelings that come along with engaging a woman with…um…a situation (or two, or three). Though a little long, Stimuli still maintains this mofo of a song to the last note. Circle November on your calendars when the emcee will be dropping off his novel of an album, Unsung Vol. 1: The Garden of Eden. Bring the weed - he got a story to tell.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 10/4/10
Submit your Rating
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.