“Moral of the story is this: you ain’t lickin’ this, you ain’t stickin’ this…” Random? Nah. From Lil’ Kim giving us her tale (no pun intended) in 1996’s Not Tonight to Biggie keeping us listening to every word of Got a Story to Tell, New York City has a proud tradition of narrative emcees. Now Sha Stimuli, whose Brooklyn storytelling skills have earned him widespread respect, releases an honest depiction of his relationship with a woman who has kids on the properly named record, Mother Fu**er. For the beat, producers Charli Brown and Ace Shooter mix popular songs Just the Two of Us and Lovers and Friends to give the DJBooth Freestyle alum a backrop to lay down his script. Honest to a fault, Sha breaks down all the feelings that come along with engaging a woman with…um…a situation (or two, or three). Though a little long, Stimuli still maintains this mofo of a song to the last note. Circle November on your calendars when the emcee will be dropping off his novel of an album, Unsung Vol. 1: The Garden of Eden. Bring the weed - he got a story to tell.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 10/4/10
Submit your Rating
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)