“Moral of the story is this: you ain’t lickin’ this, you ain’t stickin’ this…” Random? Nah. From Lil’ Kim giving us her tale (no pun intended) in 1996’s Not Tonight to Biggie keeping us listening to every word of Got a Story to Tell, New York City has a proud tradition of narrative emcees. Now Sha Stimuli, whose Brooklyn storytelling skills have earned him widespread respect, releases an honest depiction of his relationship with a woman who has kids on the properly named record, Mother Fu**er. For the beat, producers Charli Brown and Ace Shooter mix popular songs Just the Two of Us and Lovers and Friends to give the DJBooth Freestyle alum a backrop to lay down his script. Honest to a fault, Sha breaks down all the feelings that come along with engaging a woman with…um…a situation (or two, or three). Though a little long, Stimuli still maintains this mofo of a song to the last note. Circle November on your calendars when the emcee will be dropping off his novel of an album, Unsung Vol. 1: The Garden of Eden. Bring the weed - he got a story to tell.
Written by Sigmund's Dope on 10/4/10
Submit your Rating
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.