Sha Stimuli’s new single, Brenda’s Baby, will most definitely strike your conscience. Influenced by 2Pac’s classic Brenda’s Got a Baby, the Louis G produced track frankly examines the current economical, social, and political turmoil in the U.S., aiming its focus at various elements including disease, illicit internet culture, mass consumption, and unemployment. Sha asserts that in the 20 years since 2pac’s famous release, and in the 15 years since 2Pac’s death, not much has changed. He expertly rhymes his frustrations, calling the masses “mental slaves,” and says he’s “watching the throne” of Brenda’s baby, but society has done little to escape a repeat of history. The track consistently conjures up 2Pac’s message and legacy, and makes the listener question what they’ve done to challenge the status quo. his release, from forthcoming The Calling (to be released in 2012), will surely open some eyes.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.