Sha Stimuli’s new single, Brenda’s Baby, will most definitely strike your conscience. Influenced by 2Pac’s classic Brenda’s Got a Baby, the Louis G produced track frankly examines the current economical, social, and political turmoil in the U.S., aiming its focus at various elements including disease, illicit internet culture, mass consumption, and unemployment. Sha asserts that in the 20 years since 2pac’s famous release, and in the 15 years since 2Pac’s death, not much has changed. He expertly rhymes his frustrations, calling the masses “mental slaves,” and says he’s “watching the throne” of Brenda’s baby, but society has done little to escape a repeat of history. The track consistently conjures up 2Pac’s message and legacy, and makes the listener question what they’ve done to challenge the status quo. his release, from forthcoming The Calling (to be released in 2012), will surely open some eyes.
Written by Sandra Manzanares on 12/20/11
Submit your Rating
Coast 2 Coast
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.