SeVen1 was Real Lit when we first met him, back in February of 2013. A year and change later, believe it or not, the Windy City rhymesayer is even Higher. However much THC may be circulating through his system, though, it doesn’t stop him from dropping some of the most poignant, insightful bars we’ve heard from him to date. Over Retro Ren‘s beat, a wistful sampling of Marvin Gaye’s Flyin’ High, the emcee take a brutally honest look at the poverty, violence and struggle plaguing the streets he calls home. On the back, he contrasts this sad state of affairs with the righteousness of his rhymes: “See, it’s deeper than rap, this sh*t is more than songs / Though I’m morally right, the f**kin’ morals are gone.” Cross My Heart (The Audio Picture) is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted on the project as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 02/24/14
XCI Bull Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Real Lit" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.