When you think of Switzerland, what comes to mind? Idyllic views of the Alps, dark chocolate, Swiss army knives, or the banking system? Well, allow me to introduce you to another of the country’s claims to global fame: a pop singer by the name of Seven, who’s making his Booth debut with this new remix of Go Slow. On the album cut, the Timbo-esque singer waxes poetic about kickin’ back and taking it easy, crooning over a DJ Premier-produced beat fueled by Euro-poppy synth swishes and snarls. The highlight of this remix (and the reason it grabbed our attention) comes courtesy of Talib Kweli, who takes Seven’s easygoing philosophy and spits hot fire back onto the track like Swiss tennis great Roger Federer returning a volley at the Wimbledon. If you dig this track, be sure to check out Seven’s latest LP; Like A Rocket is available now online.
Written by Dr. D on 07/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like A Rocket" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.