When you think of Switzerland, what comes to mind? Idyllic views of the Alps, dark chocolate, Swiss army knives, or the banking system? Well, allow me to introduce you to another of the country’s claims to global fame: a pop singer by the name of Seven, who’s making his Booth debut with this new remix of Go Slow. On the album cut, the Timbo-esque singer waxes poetic about kickin’ back and taking it easy, crooning over a DJ Premier-produced beat fueled by Euro-poppy synth swishes and snarls. The highlight of this remix (and the reason it grabbed our attention) comes courtesy of Talib Kweli, who takes Seven’s easygoing philosophy and spits hot fire back onto the track like Swiss tennis great Roger Federer returning a volley at the Wimbledon. If you dig this track, be sure to check out Seven’s latest LP; Like A Rocket is available now online.
Written by Dr. D on 07/5/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Like A Rocket" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.