Seven‘s first Booth feature found the Swiss pop/R&B singer expressing his frustration with the swiftness of time, explaining, “All I want is my life to go slow.” As nice as it can be to take a break from the daily grind on occasion, though, there’s no escaping the facts: time flies Like a Rocket, and if you don’t hop on board, you’re gonna get left behind. Fittingly, where Go Slow (Remix) was a relaxing afternoon on the beach, this track is a mile-a-minute thrill ride—from Seven, Ph!l!pp Schweidler, and Flo Goetze‘s jittery funk instrumental, densely packed with singsong backing vocals and electronic flourishes, to the artist’s motormouthed chorus, every facet of this track exudes restless energy. Most exhilarating of all is Brooklyn vet AMG‘s breakneck guest verse, which finds him riding the frenetic rhythm like a surfer hanging ten on a tsunami. It’s yet unknown when Like a Rocket (the album) will be touching down globally, but those who simply don’t have the time to wait around can always go the import route—the LP’s out now in Switzerland.
Written by richard on 08/10/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Go Slow (DJ Premier Remix)" (2009)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.