If you’ve ever heard of a Whatchamcallit, you know that mixing caramel and chocolate with a peanut flavored crisp was crazy talk for its time. It just had so much going on. The same goes for our DJBooth premiere of SeT‘s WatchaMeCallIt. Here the emcee recruits fellow Toronto artist Terrell Morris, who packs more punch (metaphors, wordplay, double entendres) in the first minute than most emcees would struggle to accomplish in three full verses. The simple industrial beat from MMac is perfect for SeT and Terrell to go from a neck snapping speed to almost a syllable a beat for you to catch up by the end of the song. As the saying goes, both of these kids could be a problem. WatchaMeCallIt will be found on SeT’s upcoming album, AuRA, due out this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.