If you’ve ever heard of a Whatchamcallit, you know that mixing caramel and chocolate with a peanut flavored crisp was crazy talk for its time. It just had so much going on. The same goes for our DJBooth premiere of SeT‘s WatchaMeCallIt. Here the emcee recruits fellow Toronto artist Terrell Morris, who packs more punch (metaphors, wordplay, double entendres) in the first minute than most emcees would struggle to accomplish in three full verses. The simple industrial beat from MMac is perfect for SeT and Terrell to go from a neck snapping speed to almost a syllable a beat for you to catch up by the end of the song. As the saying goes, both of these kids could be a problem. WatchaMeCallIt will be found on SeT’s upcoming album, AuRA, due out this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.