If you’ve ever heard of a Whatchamcallit, you know that mixing caramel and chocolate with a peanut flavored crisp was crazy talk for its time. It just had so much going on. The same goes for our DJBooth premiere of SeT‘s WatchaMeCallIt. Here the emcee recruits fellow Toronto artist Terrell Morris, who packs more punch (metaphors, wordplay, double entendres) in the first minute than most emcees would struggle to accomplish in three full verses. The simple industrial beat from MMac is perfect for SeT and Terrell to go from a neck snapping speed to almost a syllable a beat for you to catch up by the end of the song. As the saying goes, both of these kids could be a problem. WatchaMeCallIt will be found on SeT’s upcoming album, AuRA, due out this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.