If you’ve ever heard of a Whatchamcallit, you know that mixing caramel and chocolate with a peanut flavored crisp was crazy talk for its time. It just had so much going on. The same goes for our DJBooth premiere of SeT‘s WatchaMeCallIt. Here the emcee recruits fellow Toronto artist Terrell Morris, who packs more punch (metaphors, wordplay, double entendres) in the first minute than most emcees would struggle to accomplish in three full verses. The simple industrial beat from MMac is perfect for SeT and Terrell to go from a neck snapping speed to almost a syllable a beat for you to catch up by the end of the song. As the saying goes, both of these kids could be a problem. WatchaMeCallIt will be found on SeT’s upcoming album, AuRA, due out this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.