If you’ve ever heard of a Whatchamcallit, you know that mixing caramel and chocolate with a peanut flavored crisp was crazy talk for its time. It just had so much going on. The same goes for our DJBooth premiere of SeT‘s WatchaMeCallIt. Here the emcee recruits fellow Toronto artist Terrell Morris, who packs more punch (metaphors, wordplay, double entendres) in the first minute than most emcees would struggle to accomplish in three full verses. The simple industrial beat from MMac is perfect for SeT and Terrell to go from a neck snapping speed to almost a syllable a beat for you to catch up by the end of the song. As the saying goes, both of these kids could be a problem. WatchaMeCallIt will be found on SeT’s upcoming album, AuRA, due out this June.
Written by Bryan H on 04/30/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.