In Ancient Egyptian religion, the god Set represented the desert, storms, disorder and foreigners. I’m not sure what any of that has to do with SeT the 21-year-old Toronto emcee, but if you’re looking for some music to blast while you’re getting drunk and disorderly, album lead single (and DJBooth debut) Bounce should be just what the doctor ordered. SmashMouth labelmate Tay Lewis mans the boards on this minimal club banger, serving up a body-moving beat fueled by syncopated rimshots, handclaps and tweaked vocal samples. SeT’s bars are perfectly matched to the booty-shaking instrumental—in other words, they’re high-energy and gloriously ignorant. (I mean, the opening line is, “God damn I love titties!”) Freshman full-length AuRA is slated to hit online retailers this June. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.