In Ancient Egyptian religion, the god Set represented the desert, storms, disorder and foreigners. I’m not sure what any of that has to do with SeT the 21-year-old Toronto emcee, but if you’re looking for some music to blast while you’re getting drunk and disorderly, album lead single (and DJBooth debut) Bounce should be just what the doctor ordered. SmashMouth labelmate Tay Lewis mans the boards on this minimal club banger, serving up a body-moving beat fueled by syncopated rimshots, handclaps and tweaked vocal samples. SeT’s bars are perfectly matched to the booty-shaking instrumental—in other words, they’re high-energy and gloriously ignorant. (I mean, the opening line is, “God damn I love titties!”) Freshman full-length AuRA is slated to hit online retailers this June. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.