In Ancient Egyptian religion, the god Set represented the desert, storms, disorder and foreigners. I’m not sure what any of that has to do with SeT the 21-year-old Toronto emcee, but if you’re looking for some music to blast while you’re getting drunk and disorderly, album lead single (and DJBooth debut) Bounce should be just what the doctor ordered. SmashMouth labelmate Tay Lewis mans the boards on this minimal club banger, serving up a body-moving beat fueled by syncopated rimshots, handclaps and tweaked vocal samples. SeT’s bars are perfectly matched to the booty-shaking instrumental—in other words, they’re high-energy and gloriously ignorant. (I mean, the opening line is, “God damn I love titties!”) Freshman full-length AuRA is slated to hit online retailers this June. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.