In Ancient Egyptian religion, the god Set represented the desert, storms, disorder and foreigners. I’m not sure what any of that has to do with SeT the 21-year-old Toronto emcee, but if you’re looking for some music to blast while you’re getting drunk and disorderly, album lead single (and DJBooth debut) Bounce should be just what the doctor ordered. SmashMouth labelmate Tay Lewis mans the boards on this minimal club banger, serving up a body-moving beat fueled by syncopated rimshots, handclaps and tweaked vocal samples. SeT’s bars are perfectly matched to the booty-shaking instrumental—in other words, they’re high-energy and gloriously ignorant. (I mean, the opening line is, “God damn I love titties!”) Freshman full-length AuRA is slated to hit online retailers this June. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles from this promising up-and-comer.
Written by richard on 04/3/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)