Popularized amid the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, natural hair is still a powerful emblem of black power and radical politics. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, part 2 of a mixtape single released in 2011, Miami rhymesayer Serum and two of his most talented colleagues bust out their Afro Picks as they channel the spirits of Huey P. Newton, Marcus Garvey and other icons of the struggle. Cap K‘s reverberant, vocal-sampled beat backs politically-charged bars from the headliner and fellow hip-hop revolutionary REKS. DJ Heron mans the wheels of steel, lacing the hook with snippets from Public Enemy’s Public Enemy No 1 and Hazy Shade of Criminal. P.C.P (Pre Campaign Propaganda) has yet to receive a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.