Popularized amid the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, natural hair is still a powerful emblem of black power and radical politics. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, part 2 of a mixtape single released in 2011, Miami rhymesayer Serum and two of his most talented colleagues bust out their Afro Picks as they channel the spirits of Huey P. Newton, Marcus Garvey and other icons of the struggle. Cap K‘s reverberant, vocal-sampled beat backs politically-charged bars from the headliner and fellow hip-hop revolutionary REKS. DJ Heron mans the wheels of steel, lacing the hook with snippets from Public Enemy’s Public Enemy No 1 and Hazy Shade of Criminal. P.C.P (Pre Campaign Propaganda) has yet to receive a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.