Popularized amid the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, natural hair is still a powerful emblem of black power and radical politics. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, part 2 of a mixtape single released in 2011, Miami rhymesayer Serum and two of his most talented colleagues bust out their Afro Picks as they channel the spirits of Huey P. Newton, Marcus Garvey and other icons of the struggle. Cap K‘s reverberant, vocal-sampled beat backs politically-charged bars from the headliner and fellow hip-hop revolutionary REKS. DJ Heron mans the wheels of steel, lacing the hook with snippets from Public Enemy’s Public Enemy No 1 and Hazy Shade of Criminal. P.C.P (Pre Campaign Propaganda) has yet to receive a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.