Popularized amid the Civil Rights Movement of the 1960s, natural hair is still a powerful emblem of black power and radical politics. On his first DJBooth feature and latest single, part 2 of a mixtape single released in 2011, Miami rhymesayer Serum and two of his most talented colleagues bust out their Afro Picks as they channel the spirits of Huey P. Newton, Marcus Garvey and other icons of the struggle. Cap K‘s reverberant, vocal-sampled beat backs politically-charged bars from the headliner and fellow hip-hop revolutionary REKS. DJ Heron mans the wheels of steel, lacing the hook with snippets from Public Enemy’s Public Enemy No 1 and Hazy Shade of Criminal. P.C.P (Pre Campaign Propaganda) has yet to receive a drop date but, as always, we in the Booth will keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/20/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.