Former DTP signee Serius Jones may still be a free agent, but he hasn’t let that hamper his grind one bit – in the absence of a label team to promote his forthcoming LP, he’s decided to head out on the campaign trail himself. On Oh Baby, the first in a series of online leaks leading up to Life Is Serius’ January 1, 2010, drop date, the Jersey emcee lets listeners know just how his-first-name he is about claiming his rightful place at the top of the music game. Over TheKidCaesar‘s street-anthemic blend of synths and low-frequency brass, Jones’ mixes motivational lyricism and wordplay-peppered trash talk – he even makes a few seriusly controversial comments about some of the game’s biggest names, “...with Jay it’s all touché, felt like swag wrestling/ Luda ain’t put no effort in but hey, that’s just him..” Serius is clearly…. well, let’s just say he means business, but will his grassroots promotion efforts pay off? Here’s hoping! In the meantime, keep it locked to the Booth and Serius’ blog; the emcee will be releasing one new record per week leading up to his LP’s release at the top of next year.
Written by richard on 10/21/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freak Like U ft. Bobby V" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.