Though Serius Jones parted ways with DTP/Def Jam in ‘08, the Jersey emcee’s determined to tell his story regardless of how much, or how little backing he has; he’s even chronicled his life and career to date in a 25-minute film entitled Life Is Serius. Released back in March, the short is well worth watching—in addition to being absolutely hilarious at points, it offers a tantalizing preview of the tunes set to appear on the forthcoming soundtrack LP. Though I don’t recall where (or if) official lead single Gimme That Love appears in the film, this record would sound right at home played as either an overture or an accompaniment to closing credits. Over Perth, Australia-repping production duo Finatik n Zak‘s exultant brass and strings, Serius lets listeners know that, now that’s he’s made it this far, failure is no longer a possibility, and Norwalk, CT-based R&B singer Omar Wilson echoes the rapper’s unflappable confidence with some triumphant hook vocals. A sweeping track that’ll have devotees and new fans alike doing just as the title says, this single is just the thing to spur interest in the rapper’s Life Is Serius Soundtrack, due out in August—here’s hoping it also gets some love from the major label talent scouts.
Written by richard on 07/7/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Freak Like U ft. Bobby V" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)