Similar to fellow Jersey boys Redman and Joe Budden, rapper Serius Jones just couldn’t get any promotion (or backing) for his major label debut, Life is Serius. Despite carrying a Disturbing tha Peace membership card, Jones decided to follow Budden’s example and left the label earlier this year. Now a free agent, the Englewood native has put the promotions work into his own hands and appears ready to go with his new song, Freak Like U. Jones’s new club-ready banger features fellow ex-DTP artist Bobby V (probably recorded when both were still signed there). If this one succeeds, leaving the label will seriusly be his best move yet.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"World Keep Movin' ft. Rudy Sandapa" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.