Similar to fellow Jersey boys Redman and Joe Budden, rapper Serius Jones just couldn’t get any promotion (or backing) for his major label debut, Life is Serius. Despite carrying a Disturbing tha Peace membership card, Jones decided to follow Budden’s example and left the label earlier this year. Now a free agent, the Englewood native has put the promotions work into his own hands and appears ready to go with his new song, Freak Like U. Jones’s new club-ready banger features fellow ex-DTP artist Bobby V (probably recorded when both were still signed there). If this one succeeds, leaving the label will seriusly be his best move yet.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"World Keep Movin' ft. Rudy Sandapa" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.