Similar to fellow Jersey boys Redman and Joe Budden, rapper Serius Jones just couldn’t get any promotion (or backing) for his major label debut, Life is Serius. Despite carrying a Disturbing tha Peace membership card, Jones decided to follow Budden’s example and left the label earlier this year. Now a free agent, the Englewood native has put the promotions work into his own hands and appears ready to go with his new song, Freak Like U. Jones’s new club-ready banger features fellow ex-DTP artist Bobby V (probably recorded when both were still signed there). If this one succeeds, leaving the label will seriusly be his best move yet.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"World Keep Movin' ft. Rudy Sandapa" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.