Similar to fellow Jersey boys Redman and Joe Budden, rapper Serius Jones just couldn’t get any promotion (or backing) for his major label debut, Life is Serius. Despite carrying a Disturbing tha Peace membership card, Jones decided to follow Budden’s example and left the label earlier this year. Now a free agent, the Englewood native has put the promotions work into his own hands and appears ready to go with his new song, Freak Like U. Jones’s new club-ready banger features fellow ex-DTP artist Bobby V (probably recorded when both were still signed there). If this one succeeds, leaving the label will seriusly be his best move yet.
Written by Burmy on 05/28/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"World Keep Movin' ft. Rudy Sandapa" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)