A documentary series currently airing on A&E, The First 48 offers an inside look at real life homicide investigations. It’s riveting stuff, to be sure, but it only shows one side of the story. On their debut single of the same name, West Coast supergroup Serial Killers flip the script to discuss murder from the perpetrator’s perspective. As you’d expect from a collaboration between Cali vets Xzibit, B-Real and DEMRICK, this sh*t goes harder than wurtzite baron nitride. An ominous, street-ready instrumental by Sir Jinx and The Futuristiks sets the stage for aggressive lyrical contributions from each of the aforementioned rhymesayers. Director Matt Alonzo‘s gruesome visuals round out the package. If this brisk, blood-spattered banger’s piqued your interest, keep it locked for more fresh cuts leading up to the October 31, arrival of debut mixtape Serial Killers Vol. 1.
Open Bar Entertainment/EMI
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.