Back in September of 2011, Sepalot made his grand entrance into the Booth with Rainbows, a futuristic, yet retro jam which (in my humble opinion) was criminally underrated on our pages. Nearly two years later, the Munich-based producer is back with a fresh single he’s sure y’all are going to Feel. While the collage of vocal samples that opens this cut verges on cacophonous, a dirty, organ-laced breakbeat transforms chaos into (relative) order. The result is one of the most infectious instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute. But enough out of me—do you like what you’re hearing? If so, more audacious grooves await on Black Sky, due out September 30, via eskapaden.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.