Back in September of 2011, Sepalot made his grand entrance into the Booth with Rainbows, a futuristic, yet retro jam which (in my humble opinion) was criminally underrated on our pages. Nearly two years later, the Munich-based producer is back with a fresh single he’s sure y’all are going to Feel. While the collage of vocal samples that opens this cut verges on cacophonous, a dirty, organ-laced breakbeat transforms chaos into (relative) order. The result is one of the most infectious instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute. But enough out of me—do you like what you’re hearing? If so, more audacious grooves await on Black Sky, due out September 30, via eskapaden.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.