Back in September of 2011, Sepalot made his grand entrance into the Booth with Rainbows, a futuristic, yet retro jam which (in my humble opinion) was criminally underrated on our pages. Nearly two years later, the Munich-based producer is back with a fresh single he’s sure y’all are going to Feel. While the collage of vocal samples that opens this cut verges on cacophonous, a dirty, organ-laced breakbeat transforms chaos into (relative) order. The result is one of the most infectious instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute. But enough out of me—do you like what you’re hearing? If so, more audacious grooves await on Black Sky, due out September 30, via eskapaden.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.