Back in September of 2011, Sepalot made his grand entrance into the Booth with Rainbows, a futuristic, yet retro jam which (in my humble opinion) was criminally underrated on our pages. Nearly two years later, the Munich-based producer is back with a fresh single he’s sure y’all are going to Feel. While the collage of vocal samples that opens this cut verges on cacophonous, a dirty, organ-laced breakbeat transforms chaos into (relative) order. The result is one of the most infectious instrumentals I’ve heard in a minute. But enough out of me—do you like what you’re hearing? If so, more audacious grooves await on Black Sky, due out September 30, via eskapaden.
Written by richard on 08/1/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.