On his Booth debut, featured way back in October of 2008, Sene spit, “These Days even breathing is tough.” A year later, however, the Puerto Rican emcee’s feeling considerably more optimistic. After all, how can he not be happy when he’s spending time with his WonLover? This album cut finds the up-and-comer flowing over a woozy, soul-sampled blend of piano and brass by beatsmith Blu (a.k.a. GODlee Barnes), paying tribute to the woman who came into his life when things were at their worst, sustained him through the hard times, and made life worth living – and, you guessed it: the girl in question is not a girl at all, but a personification of hip-hop. Blu’s wistful boardwork and the Brooklyn emcee’s poetic rhymes add up to one appealing underground jam, but does the execution shine brightly enough to freshen up this track’s arguably overused lyrical concept? That is for you, Booth readers, to decide. If you like what you’re hearing, pick up a copy of Sene’s ADayLate&ADollarShort LP, released this past Tuesday and available now in stores and online.
Listen to More: Sene Written by richard
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"These Days" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.