Last month, while fans stateside were watching the leaves change, Brooklyn buzzmaker Sene was thousands of miles away, cooking up a brand new project with Swiss producer NoGames. Was it worth the trip? If inaugural leak Return2Gold is any indication, the answer is “Damn straight.” The change of scenery certainly hasn’t hurt the headliner’s mic skills – while many rappers’ boasts of being more driven and dedicated than their peers often feel like mere formalities, Sene comes with such passion and energy that you can’t help but believe him when he claims he’s been putting in more work than all the rest. NoGames turns in an equally inspired performance behind the boards, backing his collaborator’s determined rhymes with an addictive blend of chopped brass and loping percussion, and singer Britain Parker rounds out the lineup, tying it all together with his tuneful hook vocals. If this is an accurate indication of what we can expect on Metropolispeaker, then the project just might turn out to be Sene’s finest work to date. Agree with my assessment? Then keep it locked you-know-where for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 11/8/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"These Days" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.