As those who’ve heard Self-Scientific’s previous features on The DJBooth – War Stories, Peaceful (For Oscar Grant), Deeper Roots – the Los Angeles based duo are concerned with one thing and one thing only: partying in expensive clubs. Actually, what I meant to say is that Chace Infinite and DJ Khalil are only concerned with the exact f**king opposite, as new release State of Man, making its worldwide premiere right now, once again so aptly illustrates. Behind the board Khalil puts together a simultaneously spacey and darkly epic beat that see-saws between synths, strings and pounding percussion. It’s the perfect backdrop for Chace to deliver lyrical reminders that we the people – not politicians, not preachers – are the ones who truly posses the power to improve our current state. Fans can also find this cut and much more dopeness on Self-Scientific’s Fear & Propaganda album, due out in January of 2012. In the meantime, keep it locked for further entries in the Event 20/20 Music Series throughout October and November, and click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
Written by Nathan S. on 10/30/11
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.