Throughout late 2010 and 2011, Los Angeles hip-hop duo Self Scientific accumulated a large and loyal following in the DJBooth, impressing our readership with their potent combo of dynamic production and cerebral lyricism. Then, after dropping State of Man as part of our 20/20 Series, they up and disappeared. Nearly a year and a half later, the duo are back like they never left with Have Mercy, a freshly-released promo single which finds rapper Chace Infinite delving into the economic roots of criminal activity over DJ Khalil and Jay Electronica‘s grimy, woodwind-sampled production. Singer Kobe Honeycutt lends his vocals to the chorus. Craving more? Keep it locked; this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from the Booth-acclaimed twosome in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.