Throughout late 2010 and 2011, Los Angeles hip-hop duo Self Scientific accumulated a large and loyal following in the DJBooth, impressing our readership with their potent combo of dynamic production and cerebral lyricism. Then, after dropping State of Man as part of our 20/20 Series, they up and disappeared. Nearly a year and a half later, the duo are back like they never left with Have Mercy, a freshly-released promo single which finds rapper Chace Infinite delving into the economic roots of criminal activity over DJ Khalil and Jay Electronica‘s grimy, woodwind-sampled production. Singer Kobe Honeycutt lends his vocals to the chorus. Craving more? Keep it locked; this joint isn’t attached to a larger set, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes from the Booth-acclaimed twosome in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 04/3/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)