Back in early February, Selasi made his Booth debut with Keep On, a street anthem that managed to be simultaneously motivational and all-too-realistically bleak. The latest leak off the Ghanian singer/songwriter/producer’s forthcoming street album (also making its world premiere at DJBooth.net!) finds him once again balancing the gritty with the uplifting, paying tribute to Souljas struggling to grind their way out of inner-city hoods everywhere. This time around, guest duties fall to Sweet Georgia/I Can’t Tell emcee CyHi Da Prynce; over the headliner’s driving, synth-heavy boardwork, the ATL up-and-comer gives us a look into the mind of a ghetto survivor, warning those who would stand in the way of his hustle, “I ain’t a killer but I’ve got it in me.” Does Selasi’s street-certified blend of reggae, pop and hip-hop sound just as good the second time around? If you think so, you’ll be able to hear plenty more on his forthcoming mixtape, Coming to America. Keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 03/3/10
Submit your Rating
Rocksteady Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.