Back in early February, Selasi made his Booth debut with Keep On, a street anthem that managed to be simultaneously motivational and all-too-realistically bleak. The latest leak off the Ghanian singer/songwriter/producer’s forthcoming street album (also making its world premiere at DJBooth.net!) finds him once again balancing the gritty with the uplifting, paying tribute to Souljas struggling to grind their way out of inner-city hoods everywhere. This time around, guest duties fall to Sweet Georgia/I Can’t Tell emcee CyHi Da Prynce; over the headliner’s driving, synth-heavy boardwork, the ATL up-and-comer gives us a look into the mind of a ghetto survivor, warning those who would stand in the way of his hustle, “I ain’t a killer but I’ve got it in me.” Does Selasi’s street-certified blend of reggae, pop and hip-hop sound just as good the second time around? If you think so, you’ll be able to hear plenty more on his forthcoming mixtape, Coming to America. Keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 03/3/10
Submit your Rating
Rocksteady Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.