Back in early February, Selasi made his Booth debut with Keep On, a street anthem that managed to be simultaneously motivational and all-too-realistically bleak. The latest leak off the Ghanian singer/songwriter/producer’s forthcoming street album (also making its world premiere at DJBooth.net!) finds him once again balancing the gritty with the uplifting, paying tribute to Souljas struggling to grind their way out of inner-city hoods everywhere. This time around, guest duties fall to Sweet Georgia/I Can’t Tell emcee CyHi Da Prynce; over the headliner’s driving, synth-heavy boardwork, the ATL up-and-comer gives us a look into the mind of a ghetto survivor, warning those who would stand in the way of his hustle, “I ain’t a killer but I’ve got it in me.” Does Selasi’s street-certified blend of reggae, pop and hip-hop sound just as good the second time around? If you think so, you’ll be able to hear plenty more on his forthcoming mixtape, Coming to America. Keep it locked for release details, as well as all the latest tunes!
Written by richard on 03/3/10
Rocksteady Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep On" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.