When I was a kid I loved watching The Wonder Years. Or, more accurately, I loved watching Winnie Cooper (shout out to Danica McKellar, who grew up to be gorgeous by the way). Those early, wonderful days came in handy today when I first pressed play on DJBooth newcomers The Seed’s new single Wonder Years and immediately recognized the sample (plus the track title kind of gave it away). Producer and Seed member Adikt1 flips Joe Cocker’s cover of the Beatle’s Little Help From My Friends (a.k.a. the Wonder Years theme song) into a no-holds barred, west coast banger of a beat that emcees Kahlee and Uptown Swuite somehow manage to rise above with rhymes that are simultaneously relentlessly aggressive and lyrical: “…reverse acupuncture on grenades, pull the pin on stage, blast serenades.” In other words, it’s exactly the kind of cut that would make Kevin Arnold wet his pants. If you’re digging what The Seeds are planting be sure to check out their new mixtape BreakingGround when it drops (hopefully) next week.
Written by Nathan S. on 05/12/10
Submit your Rating
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Keep Rockin' On" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.