Adikt 1, Uptown Swuite and Kahlee, the producer and emcees who make up The Seed, are three nostalgia-prone dudes - I mean, their first feature was a tribute to The Wonder Years – but, like so many of the best artists, they balance their reverence for the past with a progressive sound and style. On new single Keep Rockin’ On, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the West Coast underground mainstays continue in that retro yet fresh vein; Adikt’s chopped-soul backdrop, accented by the classic cuts of DJ Packo (sampling Rob Base & EZ Rock’s It Takes Two), sets the stage for a lyrical celebration of hip-hop’s heritage. Harking back to their growth as fans and, eventually, artists, the crew’s mic contingent celebrate their roots in verses liberally seasoned with fresh turns of phrase: “I did the robot instead of doin’ the backspin, ‘cause kneecaps are fragile on Samoan legs dancin’.” Have The Seed rocked your world with their latest selection? Then you’ll find plenty more to like on their Booth-sponsored, self-titled LP, arriving on our mixtape page for free streaming and download May 3.
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.