Adikt 1, Uptown Swuite and Kahlee, the producer and emcees who make up The Seed, are three nostalgia-prone dudes - I mean, their first feature was a tribute to The Wonder Years – but, like so many of the best artists, they balance their reverence for the past with a progressive sound and style. On new single Keep Rockin’ On, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the West Coast underground mainstays continue in that retro yet fresh vein; Adikt’s chopped-soul backdrop, accented by the classic cuts of DJ Packo (sampling Rob Base & EZ Rock’s It Takes Two), sets the stage for a lyrical celebration of hip-hop’s heritage. Harking back to their growth as fans and, eventually, artists, the crew’s mic contingent celebrate their roots in verses liberally seasoned with fresh turns of phrase: “I did the robot instead of doin’ the backspin, ‘cause kneecaps are fragile on Samoan legs dancin’.” Have The Seed rocked your world with their latest selection? Then you’ll find plenty more to like on their Booth-sponsored, self-titled LP, arriving on our mixtape page for free streaming and download May 3.
Written by richard on 04/5/11
Submit your Rating
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.