Adikt 1, Uptown Swuite and Kahlee, the producer and emcees who make up The Seed, are three nostalgia-prone dudes - I mean, their first feature was a tribute to The Wonder Years – but, like so many of the best artists, they balance their reverence for the past with a progressive sound and style. On new single Keep Rockin’ On, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the West Coast underground mainstays continue in that retro yet fresh vein; Adikt’s chopped-soul backdrop, accented by the classic cuts of DJ Packo (sampling Rob Base & EZ Rock’s It Takes Two), sets the stage for a lyrical celebration of hip-hop’s heritage. Harking back to their growth as fans and, eventually, artists, the crew’s mic contingent celebrate their roots in verses liberally seasoned with fresh turns of phrase: “I did the robot instead of doin’ the backspin, ‘cause kneecaps are fragile on Samoan legs dancin’.” Have The Seed rocked your world with their latest selection? Then you’ll find plenty more to like on their Booth-sponsored, self-titled LP, arriving on our mixtape page for free streaming and download May 3.
Written by richard on 04/5/11
Submit your Rating
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.