Adikt 1, Uptown Swuite and Kahlee, the producer and emcees who make up The Seed, are three nostalgia-prone dudes - I mean, their first feature was a tribute to The Wonder Years – but, like so many of the best artists, they balance their reverence for the past with a progressive sound and style. On new single Keep Rockin’ On, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the West Coast underground mainstays continue in that retro yet fresh vein; Adikt’s chopped-soul backdrop, accented by the classic cuts of DJ Packo (sampling Rob Base & EZ Rock’s It Takes Two), sets the stage for a lyrical celebration of hip-hop’s heritage. Harking back to their growth as fans and, eventually, artists, the crew’s mic contingent celebrate their roots in verses liberally seasoned with fresh turns of phrase: “I did the robot instead of doin’ the backspin, ‘cause kneecaps are fragile on Samoan legs dancin’.” Have The Seed rocked your world with their latest selection? Then you’ll find plenty more to like on their Booth-sponsored, self-titled LP, arriving on our mixtape page for free streaming and download May 3.
Written by richard on 04/5/11
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)