Adikt 1, Uptown Swuite and Kahlee, the producer and emcees who make up The Seed, are three nostalgia-prone dudes - I mean, their first feature was a tribute to The Wonder Years – but, like so many of the best artists, they balance their reverence for the past with a progressive sound and style. On new single Keep Rockin’ On, a Booth-exclusive world premiere, the West Coast underground mainstays continue in that retro yet fresh vein; Adikt’s chopped-soul backdrop, accented by the classic cuts of DJ Packo (sampling Rob Base & EZ Rock’s It Takes Two), sets the stage for a lyrical celebration of hip-hop’s heritage. Harking back to their growth as fans and, eventually, artists, the crew’s mic contingent celebrate their roots in verses liberally seasoned with fresh turns of phrase: “I did the robot instead of doin’ the backspin, ‘cause kneecaps are fragile on Samoan legs dancin’.” Have The Seed rocked your world with their latest selection? Then you’ll find plenty more to like on their Booth-sponsored, self-titled LP, arriving on our mixtape page for free streaming and download May 3.
Written by richard on 04/5/11
Tre Dime Music
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wonder Years" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.