Who are the Second City Citizens? Well, the short answer is, they’re Everyday People like you or me…except they’re better at rapping/singing, more fashionable and significantly fly-er overall. So I guess they’re not all that much like us. Regardless, average Joes and Janes are sure to identify with the sentiments expressed by Rich Jones, Swords the Ronin and Troy Boy in their latest single/video and first Booth feature. With The Rarity‘s boom-bap percussion, bells and interlocking synth lines as their backdrop, the crew chronicle their struggle to make sense of the crazy world around them - and get paid/laid in the process. Rich steers the record into more political territory on the back, evoking the injustices of endless war and environmental destruction and capping his verse off with the rallying cry, “Everyday people off your ass, it’s time to lead!” Interest piqued? More fresh tunes await on the crew’s SpliffNotes EP, released last summer and available for free download from their Bandcamp page.
Written by richard on 02/23/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Middle of the Map" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.