Who are the Second City Citizens? Well, the short answer is, they’re Everyday People like you or me…except they’re better at rapping/singing, more fashionable and significantly fly-er overall. So I guess they’re not all that much like us. Regardless, average Joes and Janes are sure to identify with the sentiments expressed by Rich Jones, Swords the Ronin and Troy Boy in their latest single/video and first Booth feature. With The Rarity‘s boom-bap percussion, bells and interlocking synth lines as their backdrop, the crew chronicle their struggle to make sense of the crazy world around them - and get paid/laid in the process. Rich steers the record into more political territory on the back, evoking the injustices of endless war and environmental destruction and capping his verse off with the rallying cry, “Everyday people off your ass, it’s time to lead!” Interest piqued? More fresh tunes await on the crew’s SpliffNotes EP, released last summer and available for free download from their Bandcamp page.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Middle of the Map" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.