Already well-known in his native Sweden, Gothenburg-born singer/songwriter (and Booth newcomer) Sebastian Mikael is looking to make 2013 the year that he breaks through Stateside. As a foretaste of what’s to come, the Epic Records signee has unleashed new promotional single Take Me Higher. Produced by Lu Balz, whose ‘50s-inspired rhythms and contemporary synth stylings give the record a Bruno Mars-esque feel, the cut finds Mikael pouring his heart out to a potential romantic partner in earnest, falsetto-laced verses. Think Sebastian has what it takes to woo U.S. audiences and climb to the top of the Billboard charts? Debate away—and, of course, keep it locked for all the latest from this talented pop buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 12/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.