Already well-known in his native Sweden, Gothenburg-born singer/songwriter (and Booth newcomer) Sebastian Mikael is looking to make 2013 the year that he breaks through Stateside. As a foretaste of what’s to come, the Epic Records signee has unleashed new promotional single Take Me Higher. Produced by Lu Balz, whose ‘50s-inspired rhythms and contemporary synth stylings give the record a Bruno Mars-esque feel, the cut finds Mikael pouring his heart out to a potential romantic partner in earnest, falsetto-laced verses. Think Sebastian has what it takes to woo U.S. audiences and climb to the top of the Billboard charts? Debate away—and, of course, keep it locked for all the latest from this talented pop buzzmaker.
Written by richard on 12/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Last Night" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.