After a few brushes with heartbreak, it can be tough to let one’s defenses down and open up to someone new. Such has been the case for the girl whom rising R&B/pop star Sebastian Mikael addresses on the latest single off his forthcoming major-label debut. Over a gentle, acoustic guitar-driven beat co-produced by the artist in conjunction with JG, Mikael urges her to break out of her shell and let the Beautiful Life God gave her shine for all to see. Damian Fyffe directs the joint’s candid official visuals. Fans will be able to find this heartfelt ballad, the Wale-assisted Last Night and much more on Sebastian Mikael’s freshman set, Speechless . The project has yet to find a place on the Slip-N-Slide release calendar, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Me Higher" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “Chicago vs. Everybody?”
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.