After a few brushes with heartbreak, it can be tough to let one’s defenses down and open up to someone new. Such has been the case for the girl whom rising R&B/pop star Sebastian Mikael addresses on the latest single off his forthcoming major-label debut. Over a gentle, acoustic guitar-driven beat co-produced by the artist in conjunction with JG, Mikael urges her to break out of her shell and let the Beautiful Life God gave her shine for all to see. Damian Fyffe directs the joint’s candid official visuals. Fans will be able to find this heartfelt ballad, the Wale-assisted Last Night and much more on Sebastian Mikael’s freshman set, Speechless . The project has yet to find a place on the Slip-N-Slide release calendar, but we’ll keep you posted as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Take Me Higher" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.