On his last feature Sean Rose declared himself to be Fearless, but today he proves it on Tomorrow, making its world premiere right here, right now. After all, not many rappers would be brave, and confident, enough to jump on a track with convicted microphone killer Shawnna. Producer Cam (of J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) gives the duo a slow and hazy beat to rhyme over, punctuated by the occasional riding hi-hat and a vocal sample that I just can’t place (was it on a Mos Def record? Some help from DJBooth Nation?). My sample fetish aside, Rose kicks off the festivities with a steadily paced verse that doesn’t hesitate to call out all the haters and doubters placed in his path, obstacles he promises to overcome. And while Shawnna also keeps things mellow, trading the double time flow that she first made her mark in favor of some certified luxury rap. Top it all off with a soaring hook from Aja and you’ve got a cut guaranteed to get burn in your headphones today, tonight and on into Tomorrow. For more from Rose be sure to cop his Overdrive album, dropping on February 10 via The DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.