On his last feature Sean Rose declared himself to be Fearless, but today he proves it on Tomorrow, making its world premiere right here, right now. After all, not many rappers would be brave, and confident, enough to jump on a track with convicted microphone killer Shawnna. Producer Cam (of J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) gives the duo a slow and hazy beat to rhyme over, punctuated by the occasional riding hi-hat and a vocal sample that I just can’t place (was it on a Mos Def record? Some help from DJBooth Nation?). My sample fetish aside, Rose kicks off the festivities with a steadily paced verse that doesn’t hesitate to call out all the haters and doubters placed in his path, obstacles he promises to overcome. And while Shawnna also keeps things mellow, trading the double time flow that she first made her mark in favor of some certified luxury rap. Top it all off with a soaring hook from Aja and you’ve got a cut guaranteed to get burn in your headphones today, tonight and on into Tomorrow. For more from Rose be sure to cop his Overdrive album, dropping on February 10 via The DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.