On his last feature Sean Rose declared himself to be Fearless, but today he proves it on Tomorrow, making its world premiere right here, right now. After all, not many rappers would be brave, and confident, enough to jump on a track with convicted microphone killer Shawnna. Producer Cam (of J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League) gives the duo a slow and hazy beat to rhyme over, punctuated by the occasional riding hi-hat and a vocal sample that I just can’t place (was it on a Mos Def record? Some help from DJBooth Nation?). My sample fetish aside, Rose kicks off the festivities with a steadily paced verse that doesn’t hesitate to call out all the haters and doubters placed in his path, obstacles he promises to overcome. And while Shawnna also keeps things mellow, trading the double time flow that she first made her mark in favor of some certified luxury rap. Top it all off with a soaring hook from Aja and you’ve got a cut guaranteed to get burn in your headphones today, tonight and on into Tomorrow. For more from Rose be sure to cop his Overdrive album, dropping on February 10 via The DJBooth.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.