“Like an addict need drugs, like a stripper need ones, like a church need nuns,” Sean Rose needs this hip-hop sh*t. Newly-released single I Need You, the Sin City representative’s first feature since July 2012’s Apesh*t, finds Rose chronicling his lifelong love affair with the genre, and looking forward to his impending takeover of the game. Hitman Beatz crafts a soulful yet street-ready instrumental backdrop for the emcee’s self-assured bars, tying the package together with a chopped-n-screwed hook. Like what you’re hearing? This is just one of many bangers to be found on Sean Rose’s debut studio album, Smell the Roses. The project has yet to be scheduled, but we’ll keep you supplied with further details and song releases as they emerge.
Written by richard on 03/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.