Hip-hop lingo might be a little strange to those not down with the rap lexicon. Words like “sick,” “nasty” and “crack” might spell trouble to some, but those adjectives are all complimentary when uttered by an emcee. Another term to add to the collection is “Filthy,” which aptly describes the latest single off Sean Rose’s next album. Rose’s higher-pitched, grinding flow sounds perfect atop the venomous production of Hitman Beatz, who pairs a booming synth with martial percussion. This is Rose’s second feature of 2013, following March’s I Need You, and will appear on his forthcoming Smell the Roses LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.