Hip-hop lingo might be a little strange to those not down with the rap lexicon. Words like “sick,” “nasty” and “crack” might spell trouble to some, but those adjectives are all complimentary when uttered by an emcee. Another term to add to the collection is “Filthy,” which aptly describes the latest single off Sean Rose’s next album. Rose’s higher-pitched, grinding flow sounds perfect atop the venomous production of Hitman Beatz, who pairs a booming synth with martial percussion. This is Rose’s second feature of 2013, following March’s I Need You, and will appear on his forthcoming Smell the Roses LP.
Written by Lucas G. on 04/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)