Now that we’ve officially graduated from “jacket weather” to “coat weather” up here in Minne-ap (I know, the rest of you are still rocking tank tops, no need to rub it in), there’s always the temptation to order pizza and watch a flick instead of heading out to enjoy the nightlife. Fortunately, Vegas up-and-comer Sean Rose is here to remind us that there’s nothing like those city lights on new single (and Booth debut) Downtown. Over Royce Music Group beatsmith Cam‘s chilly, cosmopolitan synth boardwork, the emcee expresses his gratitude to a chick who’s held him down through all his struggles, assuring her that her loyalty won’t go unrewarded. Philly-based Booth fave (and freestyle series alum) Gilbere Forte’ handles guest duties, lacing the chorus with some of the same smooth vocals he laid down on reader-acclaimed mixtape cut I Know My Love. You have to hand it to the man; Sean really Rose to the Occasion here. If you agree, you can find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s new, punnily-titled EP, released in October and out now online.
Written by richard on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here We Go Again" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.