Now that we’ve officially graduated from “jacket weather” to “coat weather” up here in Minne-ap (I know, the rest of you are still rocking tank tops, no need to rub it in), there’s always the temptation to order pizza and watch a flick instead of heading out to enjoy the nightlife. Fortunately, Vegas up-and-comer Sean Rose is here to remind us that there’s nothing like those city lights on new single (and Booth debut) Downtown. Over Royce Music Group beatsmith Cam‘s chilly, cosmopolitan synth boardwork, the emcee expresses his gratitude to a chick who’s held him down through all his struggles, assuring her that her loyalty won’t go unrewarded. Philly-based Booth fave (and freestyle series alum) Gilbere Forte’ handles guest duties, lacing the chorus with some of the same smooth vocals he laid down on reader-acclaimed mixtape cut I Know My Love. You have to hand it to the man; Sean really Rose to the Occasion here. If you agree, you can find plenty more where this came from on the artist’s new, punnily-titled EP, released in October and out now online.
Written by richard on 11/21/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Here We Go Again" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.