From H.A.M. to Hard in the Paint, hip-hop has given us no shortage of ways to describe the feeling of truly losing your mind, but for his latest release Sean Rose cuts to the chase: simply put, he just needs you to go Apesh*t. A song title like that demands a cracking beat and sure enough Raak delivers with a four-alarm instrumental that lays low on the verses before turning the volume up on the chorus. For his part Rose, who clearly has a thing for censored art work (check out Can You Hear Me Now) insists that he’s playing this rap game like an old school Sega. If this one has you going, well, Apesh*t as we speak, you’ll definitely want to pick up a copy of Rose’s upcoming Desert of Dreams album, hosted by Bootleg Kev and dropping July 30. Or, for those who just can’t wait, why not stream his previous project OVERDRIVE right now on The DJBooth?
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.