From H.A.M. to Hard in the Paint, hip-hop has given us no shortage of ways to describe the feeling of truly losing your mind, but for his latest release Sean Rose cuts to the chase: simply put, he just needs you to go Apesh*t. A song title like that demands a cracking beat and sure enough Raak delivers with a four-alarm instrumental that lays low on the verses before turning the volume up on the chorus. For his part Rose, who clearly has a thing for censored art work (check out Can You Hear Me Now) insists that he’s playing this rap game like an old school Sega. If this one has you going, well, Apesh*t as we speak, you’ll definitely want to pick up a copy of Rose’s upcoming Desert of Dreams album, hosted by Bootleg Kev and dropping July 30. Or, for those who just can’t wait, why not stream his previous project OVERDRIVE right now on The DJBooth?
Written by Nathan S. on 07/18/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.