The new remix of the infamously dirty Sean Price’s current digital single, How the Gods Chill, transforms the original rock-ish track into a classic, east coast lyrical showcase. Producer Nick Woj creates a gritty, sampled beat driven by a sinister piano loop as the right coasters spit poetic lines of intimidation and braggadocio. Price hops on the first verse (anyone hear Joell Ortiz in Price or vice versa?), scaring away all those who question the Brooklyn native with his heavy-handed, driving flow: “Real action, Phil Jackson, Zen Master / My right hook will f**k up your Lens Crafters.” After a scratched up chorus, Queens’s Meyhem Lauren lays down a run-on-sentence-style verse directed solely at the haters and their Ramen noodle-salty looks. Roc Marciano closes the track with some serious wordplay worthy of quoting: “Trees to burn, European V’s keys turn, sleeves with Dillingers squeeze at the villagers.” Not sure if Meyhem belonged on this one, but Price and Roc shined, no doubt. No album is connected to this project yet, but keep it locked for more from Sean Price and friends.
Written by CourtlandHH on 04/4/11
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Credibility ft. Sean Price" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.