The new remix of the infamously dirty Sean Price’s current digital single, How the Gods Chill, transforms the original rock-ish track into a classic, east coast lyrical showcase. Producer Nick Woj creates a gritty, sampled beat driven by a sinister piano loop as the right coasters spit poetic lines of intimidation and braggadocio. Price hops on the first verse (anyone hear Joell Ortiz in Price or vice versa?), scaring away all those who question the Brooklyn native with his heavy-handed, driving flow: “Real action, Phil Jackson, Zen Master / My right hook will f**k up your Lens Crafters.” After a scratched up chorus, Queens’s Meyhem Lauren lays down a run-on-sentence-style verse directed solely at the haters and their Ramen noodle-salty looks. Roc Marciano closes the track with some serious wordplay worthy of quoting: “Trees to burn, European V’s keys turn, sleeves with Dillingers squeeze at the villagers.” Not sure if Meyhem belonged on this one, but Price and Roc shined, no doubt. No album is connected to this project yet, but keep it locked for more from Sean Price and friends.
Written by CourtlandHH on 04/4/11
Submit your Rating
Duck Down Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Credibility ft. Sean Price" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.