Sean Paul, or as he apparently likes to call himself, “Sean-a Paul-a,” has found enormous success in the past with his island-soaked romantic ballads, a tradition he hopes to continue with his new track, Hold My Hand, the third single off his long-awaited album Imperial Blaze. Unlike the album version, this go around for Hold My Hand includes the always impeccable Keri Hilson, a welcome addition that gives the slowly paced track a much needed woman’s touch. Personally, I prefer when Sean Paul uses his musical gifts to inspire some dance floor frenzy, but all the ladies out there - and guys looking to attract said ladies – will likely have Hold My Hand on repeat. Will this track be the spark to finally set sales of Imperial Blaze on fire? That, DJBooth listeners, is up to you.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.