Sean Paul, or as he apparently likes to call himself, “Sean-a Paul-a,” has found enormous success in the past with his island-soaked romantic ballads, a tradition he hopes to continue with his new track, Hold My Hand, the third single off his long-awaited album Imperial Blaze. Unlike the album version, this go around for Hold My Hand includes the always impeccable Keri Hilson, a welcome addition that gives the slowly paced track a much needed woman’s touch. Personally, I prefer when Sean Paul uses his musical gifts to inspire some dance floor frenzy, but all the ladies out there - and guys looking to attract said ladies – will likely have Hold My Hand on repeat. Will this track be the spark to finally set sales of Imperial Blaze on fire? That, DJBooth listeners, is up to you.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.