Sean Paul, or as he apparently likes to call himself, “Sean-a Paul-a,” has found enormous success in the past with his island-soaked romantic ballads, a tradition he hopes to continue with his new track, Hold My Hand, the third single off his long-awaited album Imperial Blaze. Unlike the album version, this go around for Hold My Hand includes the always impeccable Keri Hilson, a welcome addition that gives the slowly paced track a much needed woman’s touch. Personally, I prefer when Sean Paul uses his musical gifts to inspire some dance floor frenzy, but all the ladies out there - and guys looking to attract said ladies – will likely have Hold My Hand on repeat. Will this track be the spark to finally set sales of Imperial Blaze on fire? That, DJBooth listeners, is up to you.
Written by Nathan S. on 09/20/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.