A decade and three LPs after his breakthrough sophomore album, Sean Paul‘s hairstyle may have changed dramatically (Is everyone feeling the mohawk?), but the Jamaican hitmaker has been a paragon of musical reliability, consistently serving up body-moving pop-dancehall bangers to his loyal fanbase worldwide. Body, the latest single off Paul’s fifth full-length, distils the artist’s formula to its hip-swiveling essence while mixing in a few contemporary club flourishes. Hitmaking songwriter/producer Rico Love mans the boards, mixing syncopated Caribbean rhythms with tension-ratcheting four-on-the-floor grooves as the artist delivers fast-paced verses celebrating a certain shawty’s smooth moves. Antwan Smith provides some fittingly booty-centric official visuals. Featuring this joint, the Kelly Rowland-assisted How Deep Is Your Love and more, Tomahawk Technique is available in stores and online as of this past September.
Written by richard on 12/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.