A decade and three LPs after his breakthrough sophomore album, Sean Paul‘s hairstyle may have changed dramatically (Is everyone feeling the mohawk?), but the Jamaican hitmaker has been a paragon of musical reliability, consistently serving up body-moving pop-dancehall bangers to his loyal fanbase worldwide. Body, the latest single off Paul’s fifth full-length, distils the artist’s formula to its hip-swiveling essence while mixing in a few contemporary club flourishes. Hitmaking songwriter/producer Rico Love mans the boards, mixing syncopated Caribbean rhythms with tension-ratcheting four-on-the-floor grooves as the artist delivers fast-paced verses celebrating a certain shawty’s smooth moves. Antwan Smith provides some fittingly booty-centric official visuals. Featuring this joint, the Kelly Rowland-assisted How Deep Is Your Love and more, Tomahawk Technique is available in stores and online as of this past September.
Written by richard on 12/27/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.