A decade and three LPs after his breakthrough sophomore album, Sean Paul‘s hairstyle may have changed dramatically (Is everyone feeling the mohawk?), but the Jamaican hitmaker has been a paragon of musical reliability, consistently serving up body-moving pop-dancehall bangers to his loyal fanbase worldwide. Body, the latest single off Paul’s fifth full-length, distils the artist’s formula to its hip-swiveling essence while mixing in a few contemporary club flourishes. Hitmaking songwriter/producer Rico Love mans the boards, mixing syncopated Caribbean rhythms with tension-ratcheting four-on-the-floor grooves as the artist delivers fast-paced verses celebrating a certain shawty’s smooth moves. Antwan Smith provides some fittingly booty-centric official visuals. Featuring this joint, the Kelly Rowland-assisted How Deep Is Your Love and more, Tomahawk Technique is available in stores and online as of this past September.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.