A decade and three LPs after his breakthrough sophomore album, Sean Paul‘s hairstyle may have changed dramatically (Is everyone feeling the mohawk?), but the Jamaican hitmaker has been a paragon of musical reliability, consistently serving up body-moving pop-dancehall bangers to his loyal fanbase worldwide. Body, the latest single off Paul’s fifth full-length, distils the artist’s formula to its hip-swiveling essence while mixing in a few contemporary club flourishes. Hitmaking songwriter/producer Rico Love mans the boards, mixing syncopated Caribbean rhythms with tension-ratcheting four-on-the-floor grooves as the artist delivers fast-paced verses celebrating a certain shawty’s smooth moves. Antwan Smith provides some fittingly booty-centric official visuals. Featuring this joint, the Kelly Rowland-assisted How Deep Is Your Love and more, Tomahawk Technique is available in stores and online as of this past September.
Written by richard on 12/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.