A decade and three LPs after his breakthrough sophomore album, Sean Paul‘s hairstyle may have changed dramatically (Is everyone feeling the mohawk?), but the Jamaican hitmaker has been a paragon of musical reliability, consistently serving up body-moving pop-dancehall bangers to his loyal fanbase worldwide. Body, the latest single off Paul’s fifth full-length, distils the artist’s formula to its hip-swiveling essence while mixing in a few contemporary club flourishes. Hitmaking songwriter/producer Rico Love mans the boards, mixing syncopated Caribbean rhythms with tension-ratcheting four-on-the-floor grooves as the artist delivers fast-paced verses celebrating a certain shawty’s smooth moves. Antwan Smith provides some fittingly booty-centric official visuals. Featuring this joint, the Kelly Rowland-assisted How Deep Is Your Love and more, Tomahawk Technique is available in stores and online as of this past September.
Written by richard on 12/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Give It To You ft. Sean Paul" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.