Sean P, one half of the YoungBloodz, has decided to go for delf on the new, DJ Montay-produced, bass-heavy banger, Yean Beat’n. On this trunk-rattlers’ anthem, the emcee represents for all the Chevy ridahs with slabs on lean. Chosen as a possible single off his once-titled but now yet-to-be-retitled solo debut, P sticks with his swaggerific, trademark A-Town flow, while relying on Montay to provide him with an energetic beat over which to wild out. After leaving a solo contract with Jive (who hasn’t heard that line before?), in favor of the Warner-distributed Asylum Records, it seems that the emcee formerly known as Sean Paul is ready for the world to hear his music.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 10/16/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.