If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then Sean P‘s been receiving a whole lot of compliments lately. But, though these mimics may talk the talk, few among them are truly cut out for the YoungBloodz alum’s lifestyle. On promo single Be Like Me, his first Booth feature since 2008’s Yean Beat’n, the ATL repper gives us an idea of the dangers he has to contend with in order to maintain his luxurious standard of living. Zone Beatz’ arpeggiated keys and trap percussion back the artist’s drawled chronicles of the hustle, and Livesosa ties the package together with an R&B guest hook. This joint isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Sean P’s plans in the weeks and months ahead.
Written by richard on 02/21/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.