One of the greatest honors that can be bestowed upon a regular citizen is receiving the Keys To The City. For Sean Leon, it’s not so much receiving the keys but rather taking them. On the Toronto emcee’s new single, we take a look behind the closed doors of an important “local official” as he keeps his streets in check. The dark production from co-producers J’vell Boyce and Jordan Evans should immediately give listeners an image of The Joker recklessly riding around Gotham with his head out of the window—an visual not too far from Sean’s lyrical portrait. Of course, the title of the record is also a double entendre in the same vein as “Keys (of cocaine) open doors.” And ladies, if you go home with Sean, you’re going to have to dip early. He doesn’t need that kind of buzz in the local media. I’m sure you understand, right? Keys To The City will be found on Sean’s upcoming project, Black Sheep Nirvana.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.