One of the greatest honors that can be bestowed upon a regular citizen is receiving the Keys To The City. For Sean Leon, it’s not so much receiving the keys but rather taking them. On the Toronto emcee’s new single, we take a look behind the closed doors of an important “local official” as he keeps his streets in check. The dark production from co-producers J’vell Boyce and Jordan Evans should immediately give listeners an image of The Joker recklessly riding around Gotham with his head out of the window—an visual not too far from Sean’s lyrical portrait. Of course, the title of the record is also a double entendre in the same vein as “Keys (of cocaine) open doors.” And ladies, if you go home with Sean, you’re going to have to dip early. He doesn’t need that kind of buzz in the local media. I’m sure you understand, right? Keys To The City will be found on Sean’s upcoming project, Black Sheep Nirvana.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.