One of the greatest honors that can be bestowed upon a regular citizen is receiving the Keys To The City. For Sean Leon, it’s not so much receiving the keys but rather taking them. On the Toronto emcee’s new single, we take a look behind the closed doors of an important “local official” as he keeps his streets in check. The dark production from co-producers J’vell Boyce and Jordan Evans should immediately give listeners an image of The Joker recklessly riding around Gotham with his head out of the window—an visual not too far from Sean’s lyrical portrait. Of course, the title of the record is also a double entendre in the same vein as “Keys (of cocaine) open doors.” And ladies, if you go home with Sean, you’re going to have to dip early. He doesn’t need that kind of buzz in the local media. I’m sure you understand, right? Keys To The City will be found on Sean’s upcoming project, Black Sheep Nirvana.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.