One of the greatest honors that can be bestowed upon a regular citizen is receiving the Keys To The City. For Sean Leon, it’s not so much receiving the keys but rather taking them. On the Toronto emcee’s new single, we take a look behind the closed doors of an important “local official” as he keeps his streets in check. The dark production from co-producers J’vell Boyce and Jordan Evans should immediately give listeners an image of The Joker recklessly riding around Gotham with his head out of the window—an visual not too far from Sean’s lyrical portrait. Of course, the title of the record is also a double entendre in the same vein as “Keys (of cocaine) open doors.” And ladies, if you go home with Sean, you’re going to have to dip early. He doesn’t need that kind of buzz in the local media. I’m sure you understand, right? Keys To The City will be found on Sean’s upcoming project, Black Sheep Nirvana.
Written by Bryan H on 05/7/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.