Remember how creepy the Elephant Graveyard seemed, when you first watched The Lion King as a young’n? Well, prepare to experience that feeling again, when you hit play on the first Booth feature from T-Dot up-and-comer Sean Leon. It may be “just a rap record,” but its eerie boardwork (crafted by J’vell Boyce, Jordan Evans and Leon himself) and cryptic, croaked bars are quite effective at establishing an atmosphere of unease. Things lighten up—a little—on the 100 Shots portion of this two-part jam, which finds the artist switching to a more conversational delivery as he laces a cavernous, soul-sampled groove with pensive reflections on the hustle. If this fresh, unconventional cut’s piqued your interest, you can hear more on Sean’s narcissus, THE DROWNING OF EGO LP, out online as of late January.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Punk Motherfxcker" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.