Remember how creepy the Elephant Graveyard seemed, when you first watched The Lion King as a young’n? Well, prepare to experience that feeling again, when you hit play on the first Booth feature from T-Dot up-and-comer Sean Leon. It may be “just a rap record,” but its eerie boardwork (crafted by J’vell Boyce, Jordan Evans and Leon himself) and cryptic, croaked bars are quite effective at establishing an atmosphere of unease. Things lighten up—a little—on the 100 Shots portion of this two-part jam, which finds the artist switching to a more conversational delivery as he laces a cavernous, soul-sampled groove with pensive reflections on the hustle. If this fresh, unconventional cut’s piqued your interest, you can hear more on Sean’s narcissus, THE DROWNING OF EGO LP, out online as of late January.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Punk Motherfxcker" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.