Remember how creepy the Elephant Graveyard seemed, when you first watched The Lion King as a young’n? Well, prepare to experience that feeling again, when you hit play on the first Booth feature from T-Dot up-and-comer Sean Leon. It may be “just a rap record,” but its eerie boardwork (crafted by J’vell Boyce, Jordan Evans and Leon himself) and cryptic, croaked bars are quite effective at establishing an atmosphere of unease. Things lighten up—a little—on the 100 Shots portion of this two-part jam, which finds the artist switching to a more conversational delivery as he laces a cavernous, soul-sampled groove with pensive reflections on the hustle. If this fresh, unconventional cut’s piqued your interest, you can hear more on Sean’s narcissus, THE DROWNING OF EGO LP, out online as of late January.
Written by richard on 03/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Black Punk Motherfxcker" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)