Last week, Sean Leon introduced himself to The DJBooth with Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots, a two-part cut whose dark, eclectic vibe won it positive reviews on our pages. Premiered yesterday via Noisey, Black Punk Motherfxcker continues in its predecessor’s experimental footsteps, but incorporates a more dissonant, rock-informed edge. J’Vell Boyce, Jordan Evans and Ben Foran‘s instrumental is alternately stark and overwhelming. During Maui Slim’s self-aggrandizing verses, a kick pulses in the back as muffled speech, moaning and what sounds like seagulls drift in and out of the mix. When the hook rolls around, the cut explodes into a squall of guitar noise and pitch-lowered vocals, and the artist ditches the self-assured flows for a punk rock howl. Leon hooks up with Niko Nice to direct the appropiately grimy visuals. This avant-garde banger is the lead single off forthcoming mixtape Black Sheep Nirvana, which is scheduled to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.