Last week, Sean Leon introduced himself to The DJBooth with Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots, a two-part cut whose dark, eclectic vibe won it positive reviews on our pages. Premiered yesterday via Noisey, Black Punk Motherfxcker continues in its predecessor’s experimental footsteps, but incorporates a more dissonant, rock-informed edge. J’Vell Boyce, Jordan Evans and Ben Foran‘s instrumental is alternately stark and overwhelming. During Maui Slim’s self-aggrandizing verses, a kick pulses in the back as muffled speech, moaning and what sounds like seagulls drift in and out of the mix. When the hook rolls around, the cut explodes into a squall of guitar noise and pitch-lowered vocals, and the artist ditches the self-assured flows for a punk rock howl. Leon hooks up with Niko Nice to direct the appropiately grimy visuals. This avant-garde banger is the lead single off forthcoming mixtape Black Sheep Nirvana, which is scheduled to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.