Last week, Sean Leon introduced himself to The DJBooth with Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots, a two-part cut whose dark, eclectic vibe won it positive reviews on our pages. Premiered yesterday via Noisey, Black Punk Motherfxcker continues in its predecessor’s experimental footsteps, but incorporates a more dissonant, rock-informed edge. J’Vell Boyce, Jordan Evans and Ben Foran‘s instrumental is alternately stark and overwhelming. During Maui Slim’s self-aggrandizing verses, a kick pulses in the back as muffled speech, moaning and what sounds like seagulls drift in and out of the mix. When the hook rolls around, the cut explodes into a squall of guitar noise and pitch-lowered vocals, and the artist ditches the self-assured flows for a punk rock howl. Leon hooks up with Niko Nice to direct the appropiately grimy visuals. This avant-garde banger is the lead single off forthcoming mixtape Black Sheep Nirvana, which is scheduled to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.