Last week, Sean Leon introduced himself to The DJBooth with Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots, a two-part cut whose dark, eclectic vibe won it positive reviews on our pages. Premiered yesterday via Noisey, Black Punk Motherfxcker continues in its predecessor’s experimental footsteps, but incorporates a more dissonant, rock-informed edge. J’Vell Boyce, Jordan Evans and Ben Foran‘s instrumental is alternately stark and overwhelming. During Maui Slim’s self-aggrandizing verses, a kick pulses in the back as muffled speech, moaning and what sounds like seagulls drift in and out of the mix. When the hook rolls around, the cut explodes into a squall of guitar noise and pitch-lowered vocals, and the artist ditches the self-assured flows for a punk rock howl. Leon hooks up with Niko Nice to direct the appropiately grimy visuals. This avant-garde banger is the lead single off forthcoming mixtape Black Sheep Nirvana, which is scheduled to drop later this year.
Written by richard on 04/2/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Elephant Graveyard/100 Shots" (2014)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- DJ Drama ft. Young Jeezy, Young Thug & Rich Homie Quan - Right Back
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.