While rappers are more vocal about their desire to accumulate wealth (They’re more vocal about everything, in fact.), producers crave cash just as much as their mic-rocking counterparts. On his latest promo single, Los Angeles-based beatmaker Sean Kongery expresses his lust for currency in the words of a late hip-hop legend: “I just want the Paper.” Even without the classic Biggie sample, though, the message would come through loud and clear; featuring a staggering array of live instrumentation, Kongery’s lush beat is clearly the work of a hungry, ambitious musician. James Bloniarz directs the cut’s creative official video, shot at L.A.‘s Lake Effect Studios and Old Style Guitar Shop. Craving more? Then keep it locked; Paper isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Sean’s plans as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.