While rappers are more vocal about their desire to accumulate wealth (They’re more vocal about everything, in fact.), producers crave cash just as much as their mic-rocking counterparts. On his latest promo single, Los Angeles-based beatmaker Sean Kongery expresses his lust for currency in the words of a late hip-hop legend: “I just want the Paper.” Even without the classic Biggie sample, though, the message would come through loud and clear; featuring a staggering array of live instrumentation, Kongery’s lush beat is clearly the work of a hungry, ambitious musician. James Bloniarz directs the cut’s creative official video, shot at L.A.‘s Lake Effect Studios and Old Style Guitar Shop. Craving more? Then keep it locked; Paper isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Sean’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.