While rappers are more vocal about their desire to accumulate wealth (They’re more vocal about everything, in fact.), producers crave cash just as much as their mic-rocking counterparts. On his latest promo single, Los Angeles-based beatmaker Sean Kongery expresses his lust for currency in the words of a late hip-hop legend: “I just want the Paper.” Even without the classic Biggie sample, though, the message would come through loud and clear; featuring a staggering array of live instrumentation, Kongery’s lush beat is clearly the work of a hungry, ambitious musician. James Bloniarz directs the cut’s creative official video, shot at L.A.‘s Lake Effect Studios and Old Style Guitar Shop. Craving more? Then keep it locked; Paper isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Sean’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.