While rappers are more vocal about their desire to accumulate wealth (They’re more vocal about everything, in fact.), producers crave cash just as much as their mic-rocking counterparts. On his latest promo single, Los Angeles-based beatmaker Sean Kongery expresses his lust for currency in the words of a late hip-hop legend: “I just want the Paper.” Even without the classic Biggie sample, though, the message would come through loud and clear; featuring a staggering array of live instrumentation, Kongery’s lush beat is clearly the work of a hungry, ambitious musician. James Bloniarz directs the cut’s creative official video, shot at L.A.‘s Lake Effect Studios and Old Style Guitar Shop. Craving more? Then keep it locked; Paper isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Sean’s plans as further details emerge.
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.