While rappers are more vocal about their desire to accumulate wealth (They’re more vocal about everything, in fact.), producers crave cash just as much as their mic-rocking counterparts. On his latest promo single, Los Angeles-based beatmaker Sean Kongery expresses his lust for currency in the words of a late hip-hop legend: “I just want the Paper.” Even without the classic Biggie sample, though, the message would come through loud and clear; featuring a staggering array of live instrumentation, Kongery’s lush beat is clearly the work of a hungry, ambitious musician. James Bloniarz directs the cut’s creative official video, shot at L.A.‘s Lake Effect Studios and Old Style Guitar Shop. Craving more? Then keep it locked; Paper isn’t attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Sean’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.