A producer cooking up a masterful beat and inviting a guest emcee or two to spit over it is a common occurrence. But what about a producer inviting an R&B/pop artist instead of an emcee? Well, those cuts are few and far between. Bucking this trend with Aware is Cali producer Sean Kongery, who crafts a smooth beat perfect for the right crooner; Booth newcomer Elias is the man for the job. Elias’s floating, airy vocals and feel-good lyrics work hand in hand with Sean’s breezy, yet understated boardwork to form a refreshing, carefree R&B jam. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out Kongery’s last feature, September’s Paper.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.