A producer cooking up a masterful beat and inviting a guest emcee or two to spit over it is a common occurrence. But what about a producer inviting an R&B/pop artist instead of an emcee? Well, those cuts are few and far between. Bucking this trend with Aware is Cali producer Sean Kongery, who crafts a smooth beat perfect for the right crooner; Booth newcomer Elias is the man for the job. Elias’s floating, airy vocals and feel-good lyrics work hand in hand with Sean’s breezy, yet understated boardwork to form a refreshing, carefree R&B jam. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out Kongery’s last feature, September’s Paper.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)