A producer cooking up a masterful beat and inviting a guest emcee or two to spit over it is a common occurrence. But what about a producer inviting an R&B/pop artist instead of an emcee? Well, those cuts are few and far between. Bucking this trend with Aware is Cali producer Sean Kongery, who crafts a smooth beat perfect for the right crooner; Booth newcomer Elias is the man for the job. Elias’s floating, airy vocals and feel-good lyrics work hand in hand with Sean’s breezy, yet understated boardwork to form a refreshing, carefree R&B jam. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out Kongery’s last feature, September’s Paper.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.