A producer cooking up a masterful beat and inviting a guest emcee or two to spit over it is a common occurrence. But what about a producer inviting an R&B/pop artist instead of an emcee? Well, those cuts are few and far between. Bucking this trend with Aware is Cali producer Sean Kongery, who crafts a smooth beat perfect for the right crooner; Booth newcomer Elias is the man for the job. Elias’s floating, airy vocals and feel-good lyrics work hand in hand with Sean’s breezy, yet understated boardwork to form a refreshing, carefree R&B jam. This record isn’t attached to a larger project, but those who like what they’re hearing are encouraged to check out Kongery’s last feature, September’s Paper.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/5/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- HD - BBQ Goldfish
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.