Rum and Raybans may sound like the makings of a relaxing afternoon on the beach, but don’t get it twisted; the latest single off Sean Kingston‘s long-awaited junior album is not the kind of joint you enjoy while lounging in a deck chair, idly sipping on an umbrella drink. On the contrary, this cut is intended for the setting that’s brought the island-pop mainstay many of his greatest successes to date: the club dancefloor. The Elev3n produce, channeling a little Dr. Luke on Kingston’s party-ready verses before pulling out all the stops for a synth-scorching chorus. UK pop songstress Cher Lloyd assists on the guest tip, inviting us back to su casa on the record’s soaring bridge. Back 2 Life currently lacks a drop date but, as always, listeners can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.