Rum and Raybans may sound like the makings of a relaxing afternoon on the beach, but don’t get it twisted; the latest single off Sean Kingston‘s long-awaited junior album is not the kind of joint you enjoy while lounging in a deck chair, idly sipping on an umbrella drink. On the contrary, this cut is intended for the setting that’s brought the island-pop mainstay many of his greatest successes to date: the club dancefloor. The Elev3n produce, channeling a little Dr. Luke on Kingston’s party-ready verses before pulling out all the stops for a synth-scorching chorus. UK pop songstress Cher Lloyd assists on the guest tip, inviting us back to su casa on the record’s soaring bridge. Back 2 Life currently lacks a drop date but, as always, listeners can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.