Rum and Raybans may sound like the makings of a relaxing afternoon on the beach, but don’t get it twisted; the latest single off Sean Kingston‘s long-awaited junior album is not the kind of joint you enjoy while lounging in a deck chair, idly sipping on an umbrella drink. On the contrary, this cut is intended for the setting that’s brought the island-pop mainstay many of his greatest successes to date: the club dancefloor. The Elev3n produce, channeling a little Dr. Luke on Kingston’s party-ready verses before pulling out all the stops for a synth-scorching chorus. UK pop songstress Cher Lloyd assists on the guest tip, inviting us back to su casa on the record’s soaring bridge. Back 2 Life currently lacks a drop date but, as always, listeners can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.