Rum and Raybans may sound like the makings of a relaxing afternoon on the beach, but don’t get it twisted; the latest single off Sean Kingston‘s long-awaited junior album is not the kind of joint you enjoy while lounging in a deck chair, idly sipping on an umbrella drink. On the contrary, this cut is intended for the setting that’s brought the island-pop mainstay many of his greatest successes to date: the club dancefloor. The Elev3n produce, channeling a little Dr. Luke on Kingston’s party-ready verses before pulling out all the stops for a synth-scorching chorus. UK pop songstress Cher Lloyd assists on the guest tip, inviting us back to su casa on the record’s soaring bridge. Back 2 Life currently lacks a drop date but, as always, listeners can keep it locked for the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 10/16/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.