Teen sensation Sean Kingston delivers another clear cut hit on the new single, Me Love, a follow-up to the smash record Beautiful Girls. After originally planning for a late summer/early fall release, Sean’s self-titled debut (formerly titled Musical Youth) has been bumped up by the his label (Epic) to July 31st; a rarity for a recording industry fond of pushing back titles. Produced by the same man, Jonathan “J.R.” Rotem, who signed him to a deal, Me Love samples Led Zeppelin’s D’yer Mak’er and has the same beat pattern as the famous UB40 cover of Red, Red Wine. With one summer hit in his back pocket, does this give him number two?
Written by DJ Z on 07/11/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.