Let’s be real. A certain percentage of Booth nation saw that teen heartthrob Sean Kingston had a new song with Nicki Minaj called Letting Go (Dutty Love) and skipped right past. Their loss, because what they’re missing is one of the most shocking turn-arounds in music history as Kingston delivers poignant vocals about the Israel/Palestine conflict and Nicki drops the best rhymes I’ve heard since Illmatic… sorry, I couldn’t resist. In reality, Dutty Love is everything you’d expect: omnipresent production team Stargate deliver a shining beat that Kingston uses to (of course) sing about young love, while Nicki drops another schizo, though slightly calmer than usual, flow. It’s exactly the type of catchy, hip-pop song Kingston’s been putting out since Beautiful Girls, but is that really such a bad thing? We’ll find out soon in the comments below. Fans of the cherubic J.R. Rotem protégé will just have to keep it locked for further details on Kingston’s upcoming, untitled and unscheduled album, which I feel safe assuming will contain nothing but wall-to-wall tracks like Letting Go.
Written by Nathan S. on 06/9/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Colors 2007 ft. The Game & Rick Ross" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.